Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Beauty Scenario Tag

I don't have a You Tube channel but I still wanted to do this tag as I've loved watching/reading other peoples responses to the tag. So here it is! As normal I've added links to products I have mentioned when possible.

1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?

I personally don't wear foundation for several reasons;
a) I find it incredibly hard to mach my skin tone to foundations as I'm to pale for the medium tone shades but not too pale of the lighter shades. I also find foundations can be orangy on my skin and I have a pink complexion.
b) I have no major problem areas apart from dark circles under my eyes and the occasional spot which can be fixed with concealer.
c) I simply don't feel comfortable wearing foundation. My skin feels like it suffocating!

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or completely ignore it?

I would approach the subject if it was a solo interview but in a casual way. I'd probably say "I don't mean to cause a fuss but you have a little bit of lipstick on your teeth. Don't be embarrassed, it happens to everyone!" In a group interview I wouldn't say anything as I would be too shy to say in front of the group.

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?

If I'm not feeling myself because I'm ill I apply my Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti because the colour counteracts the pink tones in my skin as I often go very pinky when I'm ill. Also lets face it the name sounds happy so just saying "Tutti Frutti" makes me smile!

If I'm just having a down day I apply my 2true Colour Drench Lipstick in the shade 10 which is an orange toned red which brightens my complexion making me look and feel instantly better. At only £1.99 I would say this lipstick is a great dupe for Topshop Lips in Infrared.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently? 

I am a teenager but sadly for not much longer! However I would tell my younger self not to wear black liquid eyeliner as it is far too harsh for you blue eyes and fair skin!  I was going through a teenage rebellious stage though so I can forgive myself and let's face it, it could have been a lot worst! I would also have my hair shorter as I have learnt that it suits me better but my hair was nice when I was younger!

5. You ask the hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott haircut but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you; 
a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical. 
b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward. 
c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund. 

This question has made me nervous about getting my hair cut today! I would want to cry in the chair but instead I'd pull myself together, ask for a refund, then call my Mum and be hysterical. Basically all three options! You never know though a pixi cut may suit me and I may end up loving it! Who knows!

6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?  

I would take my MUA Heaven and Earth Palette, the white colour I would use as a highlight. I would use the darker shades as eyeliner. There is a wide range of neutral tones so I could effortless take my makeup from day to evening. Plus it's also compact and at only £4 it wouldn't be the end of the world if something happened to it!

7. Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe? 

Probably my Sleek Au Naturel Palette one because it was a present for my 18th Birthday so is very special to me. I would also panic if someone took my lip balms especially my Maybelline Cherry Me as it adds a sheer red tint to my lips. I have dry skin so when my lips aren't moisturised they look like  prune! Nice!

8. Your friend borrows your make up and returns it in awful condition. Do you; 
a) Just pretend you haven't noticed. 
b) Ask them to repurchase it. 
c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs 

I would pretend I haven't noticed as I shy away from confrontation. I would be upset that it happened but it is just makeup which can easily be replaced.

I tag anyone who wants to do that tag. Please leave your Beauty Scenario Tag link in the comment I would love to read or watch them!

Apologies for this post being late I had some technical difficulty.
Bumble xx



No comments:

Post a Comment